How to change from Windows Quicken 2019 Home & Business to MacBook equivalent Quicken

I have been using Quicken Home and Business 2019 with Windows 7 on a Toshiba laptop for and now want to change to a MacBook. My Quicken accounts are always backed up on a thumb drive which of course will connect to a USB port in the MacBook. What is involved moving to the MacBook?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Speed Reid
    Speed Reid Member ✭✭
    Many thanks for the prompt reply. I have just succeeded in doing as you suggested, and all seems to be in good order. My concern was having to pay twice for the program but somehow I stumbled about and eventually found myself on the correct screen and went from there. Again, many thanks.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I am glad to hear you are up and running so quickly.

Yes, the Subscription versions give you access to both clients. This was not the case in 2017 and older where you had to purchase each platform's version separately.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be aware that the Quicken data files from Windows to MAC are NOT interchangeable going back in the other direction....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    ps56k said:
    Just be aware that the Quicken data files from Windows to MAC are NOT interchangeable going back in the other direction....
    …and it's therefore wise to run both versions in parallel for a little but while you get used to the Mac version.  Make sure all your accounts agree; it's not unusual to need to do a little clean-up in places. And make sure you can do all the things you need. Reports in Quicken Mac have been getting better, but they're still not on a par with tWindows versions. And there are a variety of other features in Quicken Windows not (yet) present in Quicken Mac. Hopefully you'll find Quicken Mac meets yur needs and you don't need to look back. But since you can't move from ac back to Windows, that's why I'm suggesting that you continue to update your Quicken Windows until you're sure Quicken Mac meets your needs.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.