How do I get Quicken to open an account/register at todays date without using ctrl+g?

Options

Comments

• sij
    sij Member
    Options
    How do I get Quicken to open an account at todays date without using ctrl+g?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version, year and release of Quicken are you using?
    Is your account register properly sorted by Date? If not, click the Date column header once to sort the register. You can click the same column header again a 2nd time (not a double-click) to toggle between ascending and descending sort order.
  • sij
    sij Member
    Options
    I'm using Quicken Deluxe 2019 R22.
    My register is sorted in ascending date order.
    I have past transactions from 2007 and future transactions upto 2023 (one account to 2032).
    When I open the register, it always goes to the last trasnaction in the reigiser ie 6th June 2023. I then have to press crtl+g to go to 'today'.
    I want the register to open at today automatically.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sij said:
    I have past transactions from 2007 and future transactions upto 2023 (one account to 2032).

There's the catch.
    To avoid seeing future dated register transactions you can set a Date Range filter in the register, e.g., "Last 12 months"
    Personally, I would have used Scheduled Reminders instead of loading up the register with future dated register transactions

This discussion has been closed.