I recently replaced a checking account. Bills & Income is not recognizing the account credentials

I had a checkbook stolen. Fortunately, no one has tried to pass any checks from it and it was closed. I updated the payment information on all the accounts under Bills & Income. One account, Consumers Energy has the correct information for the new account, Quicken is asking me to fix the information, but it is not inaccurate. How do I go about fixing this issue?
Denny Freeman

Best Answer

  • Dennis Freeman
    Dennis Freeman Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you for the information. My error was found when I clicked on the gear icon, and found two separate Consumers energy entries. One had an account number associated with it, the other did not. I removed the one without the account number, and updated the payment for the other one. All seems to be OK now.
    Thanks for the clue
    Denny

Answers

  • Quicken Julio
    Quicken Julio Moderator, Employee mod
    Hi @Dennis Freeman,

    Thanks for posting to our Community.

    Your post is a little broad so I would like to gather some more information to better assist you:

    Are you attempting to make the payment?

    How is this payment usually made?

    Is the Consumers Energy displayed as an Online Bill or Manual Bill?

    Have you established the account with Quick Pay yet?

    Please click Bills & Income > Bills > the Gear Icon in the upper right hand corner > Payment Accounts


    Under Available Accounts, is the new account information displayed here?

    If you could provide a screenshot (using your Snippet Tool app, if using Windows 10) of what is displayed, that would be great.

    Responding with this additional information will give us better insight with the issue and the next steps to take. Look forward to hearing from you, Denny.
    Best,
    JV
  • Dennis Freeman
    Dennis Freeman Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you for the information. My error was found when I clicked on the gear icon, and found two separate Consumers energy entries. One had an account number associated with it, the other did not. I removed the one without the account number, and updated the payment for the other one. All seems to be OK now.
    Thanks for the clue
    Denny
This discussion has been closed.