How do I change the default website of a brokerage firm to the website I need

I want to open a brokerage account but the website embedded in the Quicken software when I try to open the account is not the website I need. How do I change the default website in the Quicken template to the website I need.

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi @rlee343,

If  you can give us a little more information, it will allow us to help you.

When you said:
    I want to open a brokerage account
    Are you saying that you are trying to "open" an existing account in the Quicken program, or are you saying that you want to start or establish a NEW account with a brokerage firm?

Also - which Brokerage firm are you talking about - we'll need a name.

Get back to us.  Thanks.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• rlee343
    rlee343 Member
    Frank

Thank you for your response. I am sure my initial question was confusing. I hope this will help clarify things.

I have an account with the financial manager who uses TD Ameritrade, however when I access my account I do not use the www.tdameritrade.com website. I use a different website provided by TD Ameritrade. The investment template in Quicken defaults to tdameritrade.com and I cannot find an "edit" button to change it.
    I am trying to open a new investment account using the 2nd website to download transactions and daily fluctuations.

Thank you Bob
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @rlee343,

Thanks to @Quicken_Tyka for providing the additional information that will help you to determine whether you'll actually be able to download data, including transactions, directly into Quicken.

I am not familiar with "financial relationships" with brokers/financial advisors who "use a different website provided by TD Ameritrade", so I am sorry that I don't know whether you'll be able to ultimately download transactions.  However, I believe this is a question that you should ask your financial advisor.  If he/she is, in fact, using TDAmeritrade (a well-known brokerage firm) I would hope that the fact that your are using an "intermediary" to apparently effect transactions would not prevent your downloading of transactions from your account.  If the answer is "no", I think reasonable follow-up questions would include "Why not?" and perhaps - "In whose name is the account titled?"

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rlee343 said:
    I have an account with the financial manager who uses TD Ameritrade, however when I access my account I do not use the www.tdameritrade.com website. I use a different website provided by TD Ameritrade.
    What is that other website - ?
    We can look for it and see if Quicken has a "relationship" with them...
    Did you try the usual... Quicken --> Add Account --> pick from list ?
    Can you log into that online website and access your accounts ?
    If you can - is there an icon or menu to "download" your transactions - ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.