Bug Splat recurring?

Hi all

I've had a problem getting into my Quicken file recently. It seemed to happen after a program update didn't process properly. I can open Quicken without opening my specific data, but each time I open my data file, I get a Bug Splat window. Same if I try to validate and repair my data file. I was able to update Quicken with my file not open and am now on Quicken 2020 25.21 build 27.1.25.21 On other posts, I saw that the first step would be to uninstall and re-install Quicken. Is that the best next step? Feels like problem may be with data file vs. Quicken, but have no idea. Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Mike

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I would definitely try the uninstall and reinstall first see what happens with that first. If that does not work we could also try seeing if we down patch back to an older version. 

The download for an older patch can be found here. Try the R25.18 Patch and see if you still bugsplat. You might want to also see if you're able to make a new test file if the program lets you in and see if behaves the same way.

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.