Unable to determine financial institution error message

Options
All of a sudden I am getting error message - Unable to determine financial institution. get the same error from two different Canadian banks - What is needed to port the files as before?

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Hi, Merrill:

It sounds like you are trying to import web connect transaction files into Quicken. To do this:
    • You must have an active internet connection during import so that Quicken can verify that your bank(s) are currently supported
    • Your bank must be actively supported (partnered) with Quicken.
    If Quicken cannot verify the bank is actively supported, import will halt with an error similar to what you describe.

If you have an active working connection during import, then it may be that your bank(s) have ceased support for the Quicken for Mac client. You would have to contact them to verify. 

• Merrill mant
    Options
    I do have an active internet connection and the file downloaded to my Mac with all the correct file extension as it has dome for a year. I did two separate downloads from two different Canadian banks and both failed on the exact same day with the same error. The banks know that they processed the transaction because they won't process a duplicate file. The issue is really on the Quicken end but I am at a loss as where to turn. Quicken chat doesn't work for Mac on their website.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    The Quicken for Mac chat support should work assuming you are using an up to date browser:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

You didn't mention which version of Quicken for Mac you are using, but 2017-2020 are still supported for transaction import, assuming your bank is supported. I suspect something on the latter verification is failing giving you your error.

I would contact support and see what they have to say being that two banks had issues on the same day.
  • Merrill mant
    Options
    thanks for taking the time.....
This discussion has been closed.