QFX file not importing

have used Quicken for several years but I often have issues importing QFX files. I use Web Connect and download then from my bank as a QFX. I then import them into Quicken. It was working a few days ago but now isn't. It looks like it wil import but no data is populated. There is clearly data in file because I can download a csv file from bank (Chase) and I see data upon import to Excel. This is so frustrating. Does anyone have any insight? I appreciate it so much. I am using the newest versio of Quicken I just updated a few days ago. Perhaps there is a bug I am not aware of?
Thank you kindly

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Which bank and which version of Quicken?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • magneeto
    magneeto Member ✭✭
    Chase bank and Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version 5.15.3.
    I'm running Mac Sierra 10.12.6
  • magneeto
    magneeto Member ✭✭
    I downloaded the QFX files using both Safari and Firefox thinking there might have been an issue there. Neither of them work.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked and compared what data is avail on the Chase website vs what is showing in your Quicken Register -
    Quicken will not import data transactions that are already in your Register.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• magneeto
    magneeto Member ✭✭
    Yes, thank you for responding. Yes I have checked Quicken file. Data is not in my register. It will not import QFX files. I organize my QFX files by month and year. In the past it would give me the prompt that says "Processing or importing 24 (or whatever number) transactions. In this case I get no such prompt. I've tried several different months and no data imports. When I download csv file from bank it works. There is clearly data in there. So either it is on Chase banks end that QFX files are not downloading or it is on Quicken's end that it is not importing.
  • magneeto
    magneeto Member ✭✭
    Btw ps56k, I just looked closely at your profile pic. :) I am from WI too! go Badgers:)
  • magneeto
    magneeto Member ✭✭
    Slight update, I just tried to import QFX again. It still did not load information but this time I did get the prompt that says "processing 66 transactions". So it looked like it was doing something but then nothing was populated.
    Very frustrating.
  • magneeto
    magneeto Member ✭✭
    Ok, I decided to just start a whole new Quicken file from scratch. It loaded a QFX for a credit card that contained one year of info. I made another account for a separate credit card and it would not load any data into it. I then made a checking account and tried importing a QFX but with no luck. So . . I am making separate Quicken files, one for each cc or checking account, and then printing category details for each separately. This is a backwards way to do things but seems my only viable option today. This tells me it is Quicken that is the problem and not Chase. It is importing Chase QFX data but only if it is a new fresh file with no other accounts in it.
    Not a fan of Quicken today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some thoughts:
    1) ps56k said:
    Quicken will not import data transactions that are already in your Register.
    Actually, the rule is "Quicken will not import transactions more than once". That is, if you import the transactions, delete them, and then attempt to import them again, Quicken knows they have already been imported once and ignores them. This prevents duplicate transactions and also prevents deleted transactions from reappearing.

@magneeto:

2) You might make a new empty Quicken data file and then try just dragging each QFX file over the Quicken icon in the dock, or perhaps just double-click the QFX file one at a time.

Quicken should set up an account for each account at Chase.

I just tried importing a series of Chase accounts (all credit cards), and each QFX alerted me that 1 new account was found. I clicked Continue and and a new Quicken account was created and the transactions from the QFX file were imported.

If you see transactions importing successfully, then try dragging a different month's QFX onto Quicken. Does that work?

I hope this helps.

macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Quicken for Mac 10.15.3
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • magneeto
    magneeto Member ✭✭
    Thank you @ps56k for your help. I finally seem to have a Quicken file that is currently importing my different accounts. I appreciate your insight as well as the rest of this community.
    Stay safe and healthy!
This discussion has been closed.