How do you fix entering transactions into linked investment account?

Options
Investments were entered into a 401k account and show coming from the 401k linked checking account but when I got into the checking account, nothing is in there. Is the link broken? It has been fine for several years and stopped working Friday (4/9).

Answers

• bpapp007
    bpapp007 Member ✭✭
    Options
    First thing to do would be to check the integrity of your Quicken file - File -> File Operations -> Validate and Repair.....

If that comes out clean, is it possible that a 'newer' version (copy) of the linked account was created and your 401K is pointing to the wrong one? That's happened to me a couple of times over the years.

I just looked at my 401K info and it's the same as you - it 'looks' like it's coming from my linked checking account but in reality it's coming from my 'Paycheck' set up, which is direct deposited into this linked account. If I go to a transaction in the 401K account, right-click and scroll to the bottom to 'Go to transfer', it brings up the 'Edit Paycheck Setup' window to make changes.

Perhaps something has changed with this setup?
  • liaham
    liaham Member ✭✭
    Options
    > I just looked at my 401K info and it's the same as you - it 'looks' like it's coming from my linked checking account but in reality it's coming from my 'Paycheck' set up, which is direct deposited into this linked account. If I go to a transaction in the 401K account, right-click and scroll to the bottom to 'Go to transfer', it brings up the 'Edit Paycheck Setup' window to make changes.
    >
    > Perhaps something has changed with this setup?

That's what I'm wondering if something changed and you no longer need the checking account?