Budget view: Quicken Deluxe 2017 vs. Quicken Starter

I have migrated from Quicken Deluxe 2017 vs. Quicken Starter (subscription). In Deluxe, on the Planning tab, you could see a whole budget year showing columns for each month showing actual/budget/remaining. I cannot find this view in Starter. The views available are monthly/quarterly/yearly. These are consolidated views, i.e. you can see the whole quarter but not each month in the quarter. I have found the same in the budget reports. Is this because this feature is not available in Starter?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• vlnielsen
    vlnielsen Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thx UKR. I will try again and pay close attention to the expiration date to see if there is a 1 yr extension. I will call support anyway before taking any further steps.

Answers

• vlnielsen
    vlnielsen Member ✭✭
    Thx Chris. I must have missed the part where Quicken tells you that the budget reports in Starter vs Deluxe are quite different. Guess I’ll have to upgrade if I get irritated enough 😡
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    vlnielsen said:
    Thx Chris. I must have missed the part where Quicken tells you that the budget reports in Starter vs Deluxe are quite different. Guess I’ll have to upgrade if I get irritated enough 😡

If and when you decide to upgrade your Starter Edition to Deluxe, please review
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription

• vlnielsen
    vlnielsen Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I tried this as well and get the same result - I have to purchase a new 1-year Deluxe subscription for $50. The only way I can see around this is to get a "30-day money back satisfaction guarantee" refund for the purchase of Starter and then buy a new subscription to Deluxe. Click below link for refund info. I will try this way around.

https://www.quicken.com/support/Terms-and-Conditions-For-Exchanging-Returning-or-Refunding-Quicken-Products
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I could be wrong, but I always thought that an edition level Upgrade would extend your subscription by 1 year ...
    Please call Quicken Support on the phone and ask them to help you with the upgrade.
  • vlnielsen
    vlnielsen Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thx UKR. I will try again and pay close attention to the expiration date to see if there is a 1 yr extension. I will call support anyway before taking any further steps.
  • vlnielsen
    vlnielsen Member ✭✭
    I tried again and paid close attention to the expiration date. I did get an extension of the subscription which essentially gave me credit for my purchase of Starter. The attached screenshot shows the place where the subscription period is shown.
This discussion has been closed.