Major account discrepancies after upgrading from H&O 2017 to Premier 2020

I upgraded from Home & Office 2017 to Premier at the beginning of March. After installing the new version, several of my bank accounts had large discrepancies from hundreds to thousands of dollars. I tried sifting through the transactions and comparing them to the bank's transaction history online but the discrepancies varied over time so I couldn't pinpoint it to one particular bad or missing entry, and there are just too many to go through without spending hours and hours doing line by line comparisons.
I then tried to recover from the backup I made before the upgrade but that resulted in greater discrepancies so I reverted back to the post-upgrade backup.
I reported the problem through the Quicken application but I've never heard back from anyone.
Is this typical for upgrading and is there anything that can be done about it without wasting hours of my time trying to fix the problem by hand?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @tenlbham,
    Based on my experience and from monitoring this community, to answer your question - this is not "typical for upgrading".  Rather than waste hours, I suggest that you contact Quicken Customer Support tomorrow through the information at the bottom of this page https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Good luck - and let us know how this works out.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.