How do I void a transaction?

Options
This is completely ridiculous. How many generations has Quicken been through and there is no simple pull down option to void a transation??????

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi, ddjjt1951:

"Void" was last available 13 years ago in Quicken 2007 for Mac.

One must question if this is a feature omission, or one being eliminated as users find it less relevant with today's banking styles and the way people use Quicken. I suspect the latter as manual check writing and manual transaction entry isn't very popular even though some users (including myself) still occasionally do it. I rarely encounter users looking for the older Void command anymore.

If you find it imperative that you keep a voided transaction in your register, you will have to manually do it by editing the transaction and zeroing it out/noting it as Void. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Windows has that feature, and it does it "wrong", in most people's opinion.  Not that I use it.

As in it changes the payee to add Void and it zeros the amount, but then you have lost how much the check was written for.  Most people agree that it should put the old amount in the memo.

But in truth I really have to wonder why anyone (especially today) needs such a feature, how many checks do you void in a month?

One thing to realize is every minute taken to create an very unused feature like this, is another minute that isn't going to a feature that everyone would used everyday, or even multiple times in a session.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.