Quicken 5.16 broke online transfers between accounts

I have a checking and savings account at the same bank. My accounts are connected to the bank. I often times use Quicken to transfer money from my savings account to my checking account. I go to the Online Payment tab, check Online Payment, and then click on TRANSFER instead of PAYMENT. I enter the amount to transfer and press PAY NOW. Quicken contacts my bank and does the transfer.

Now, since upgrading to 5.16.0 or 5.16.1 (I'm not sure which did it), when I click the Online Payment check box, I get a message "This account is not enabled for sending Bill Payments." This is a true statement, but I'm not trying to pay a bill. I'm trying to TRANSFER money between accounts.

The option is there for my checking account to transfer money to my savings account, but my checking account is also enabled for bill pay.

Something broke and that's not good.

Best Answer

Answers

• Michael 102
    Michael 102 Member ✭✭
    Also, I am able to look at my savings account history and see all the other transfers initiated from within Quicken, including one last month. It used to work.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited May 2020
    Hello @Michael 102,

Thank you for sharing the details of this issue with the Communtiy, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you have not already done so, please see the information outlined in this Support Article for more details regarding Intra-bank Fund Transfers in Quicken for Mac.

Please let us know if this helps to resolve this matter for you!

-Quicken Natalie

• Michael 102
    Michael 102 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for responding. The problem comes at step #3 in your instructions: add a new online bill pay transaction. Since I upgraded to 5.16, I cannot add an online bill pay transaction to a savings account. It tells me the account is not enabled for bill pay, which is true...it is only a direct-connect savings account that is enabled for transfers.

Maybe you have a magic way to accomplish step #3? The way I do it is click on "Edit Details", then click the "Online Payment" tab, and then check the "Online Payment" checkbox. It's when I click on the checkbox that I get the message.
  • djbenedetti
    djbenedetti Member ✭✭
    @Michael102 I am having the exact same problem. Did you discover a solution aside from calling and doing over phone? This worked perfectly before 5.16.
  • djbenedetti
    djbenedetti Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Natalie @Michael102 is correct. It appears that Quicken uses Bill Pay capability to "Pay Bills" AND ALSO "Transfer Funds" between direct connect accounts at the same institution. This was not the case before 5.16. Please advise and please read this and don't just tell me to go to the support article again. The support article does not work for 5.16.
  • Michael 102
    Michael 102 Member ✭✭
    @djbenedetti My solution was to log in to my bank's website and do the transfer from there and manually enter it in Quicken. Not fun.
  • djbenedetti
    djbenedetti Member ✭✭
    @michael102 That's what I did this morning. FYI - I talked with Quicken Premium support and the guy told me the software team is aware of it and they have had many phone calls about it.
  • Michael 102
    Michael 102 Member ✭✭
    @djbenedetti Thanks for letting me know that they are aware of the problem. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.
This discussion has been closed.