Mortgage Setup Malfuntion

In attempting to set up my mortgage, I get to the end with the Loan reminder, click next...and get the Loan Payment Reminder window. Visually verify that info is correct, click "done,", click next...and get the Loan Payment Reminder window again. I see in the background that the loan is "set up" showing interest, payments left, etc, but cannot get Quicken to complete the process. I've tried several variations to no avail.
Frustration abounds.
PFS

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken
    When we click Done in the Loan Payment Reminder window, Quicken should replace the Your Loan Reminder window with an Account Added window.   I suggest you move the Loan Payment Reminder window over a bit before clicking Done to prevent an inadvertent click-through of Back and then allow Quicken to repaint the window.
  • Pafosco
    Pafosco Member
    I did see that you’d advised another user to try this. I just tried the same. Unsuccessful. You Loan Reminder window will not advance when “next” is clicked, Loan Payment Reminder window opens.
    The blue circle of processing does briefly appear before reverting back to the Loan Reminder window.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Pafosco said:
    I did see that you’d advised another user to try this. I just tried the same. Unsuccessful. You Loan Reminder window will not advance when “next” is clicked, Loan Payment Reminder window opens.
    The blue circle of processing does briefly appear before reverting back to the Loan Reminder window.
    Again, please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

One possibility is the creation of the reminder is failing and the error-handler is treating the failure as though you selected Cancel instead of Done.  The question would then be why would the creation of the reminder fail?

Please confirm the Loan Payment category exists and has Interest and Principal as subcategories: press Ctrl + Shift + C
  • Pafosco
    Pafosco Member
    I'm using Quicken Deluxe R26.23. Thanks for your help thus far. Loan payment categories do indeed have interest and principal filled in.
This discussion has been closed.