Updating Username and Password for Checking Account on Quicken

Options
I had to change my online banking username and password in response to fraudulent activity. How do I change my banking (checking) username and password within Quicken without losing all historical transaction history?

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Howdy to Memphis:

Yes, you can update your credentials (password) without losing historical data. But, how you do it depends on how you connect to your bank. (Make a backup of your data file before you make any changes.)

If this is a Quicken Connect account, then you can update your password via Window:Account Status, and the option to update your Passwords is accessible via the button at the lower right.

If this is a Direct Connect account, then you will have to update it via your Mac's encrypted Keychain. You can find Keychain Access in your Mac's Applications:Utilities folder. There, you can find the key and either edit it or delete it so that it prompts you for your credentials during the next transaction update.

Post back if you need more details about the above suggestions, but that is the general overview of how you update credentials for Quicken or Direct Connect accounts.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Howdy to Memphis:

Yes, you can update your credentials (password) without losing historical data. But, how you do it depends on how you connect to your bank. (Make a backup of your data file before you make any changes.)

If this is a Quicken Connect account, then you can update your password via Window:Account Status, and the option to update your Passwords is accessible via the button at the lower right.

If this is a Direct Connect account, then you will have to update it via your Mac's encrypted Keychain. You can find Keychain Access in your Mac's Applications:Utilities folder. There, you can find the key and either edit it or delete it so that it prompts you for your credentials during the next transaction update.

Post back if you need more details about the above suggestions, but that is the general overview of how you update credentials for Quicken or Direct Connect accounts.

This discussion has been closed.