Tax planner mortgage interest won't use scheduled transactions

Mark Coil
Mark Coil Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
Quicken for Windows R26.23 build 27.1.26.23

When I use the Tax Planner to select "scheduled bills and deposits" for "Mortgage and Other Deductible Interest", it allows this and displays the correct projected amount, annual total, and refund due. But when I select a different page (i.e. Adjustments, Exemptions) or close the tax planner, and then re-select the "deductions" page, it switches back to "Estimate Based on YTD Daily Average". I can't get it to stay on Scheduled bills and deposits.

This seems to be the only item this happens to. Other items work as expected.

Obviously I can work around this bug by accepting the estimate and adding an adjustment, but then I have to keep adjusting the adjustment through the year. Using the Scheduled Bills would be much better.

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Try Copy, Validate and super-validate.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-using-online-bills-important-upgrade-required-online-bills

Corruption in the Scheduled Bills table can be hard to repair.  You could try deleting and re-entering the problem reminder.  Last ditch effort would be to delete all scheduled reminders, close/open Quicken and re-enter them; a real pain.  Make a Windows copy of you file so you can switch back easily if you run into trouble.
  • Mark Coil
    Mark Coil Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    I think you're not understanding the problem. The scheduled bill IS working properly. When I choose the option "Scheduled Bill and Deposits", it does properly add up the future bills and apply them to the Annual Total. The problem is when I close the Tax Planner and then reopen it, the option has changed back to "Estimate Based on YTD Daily Average". The tax planner won't keep the selection I made.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    That's sometimes related to a corrupt reminder the tax planner cannot read so it skips it and uses another option.
This discussion has been closed.