How can I tell whether a transaction was sent?

Quicken Deluxe 2020 R26.23 for Windows

During 1-step update, I got an error from my bank due to an error in the date of a transaction to send. It appeared that no transactions were sent. I fixed the date, and tried again. No errors, but it appeared no transactions were sent. The register showed "send" as the check number.

I closed Quicken to start over, but it said I had transactions to send, did I want to send them now. I said yes, but it did not send any. A few days and a few tries later, I am still at that point: the register and the online banking window show transactions to send, but when i try to send them, nothing is sent.

How can I tell whether the transactions were actually sent to my bank? So far, they do not appear in my bank's online transactions, but I have never looked before to see whether future transactions show up there. I don't want to send them twice. If they have not been sent, how do I resolve this impasse? Enter the same checks again, delete the originals, and try sending again?

Best Answer

• clamage45
    clamage45 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It turns out I don't have an account with Quicken Bill Pay. I called Quicken Tech Support 888-311-7276, and the agent walked me through some steps, too complicated to try to describe here. I'm closing this thread as resolved.

Answers

• clamage45
    clamage45 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Forgot to attach images. First is the check register, second is the online banking window.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Oops - removed my comment.  May not have been correct information.

Can you clarify which payment system you normally use? 

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• clamage45
    clamage45 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I use Quicken Bill Pay. I'm not familiar with Bill Manager.
    I saw your comment before you deleted it, and checked the transactions tab in the Online Center. It does not show status as such, but it does show a check number for the 4 payments in question. The check register does not have the check numbers, but shows "send" for the check number.

Aha! The register does have a status link for the checks, and each one shows "scheduled for delivery." So maybe the register did not get updated correctly?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I still use QBP as well. I decided you might be using the WF billpay through Direct Connect which I have no experience with. 
    As you probably know, it would normally change to Sent so it's likely a register update issue.  Does the status give you the option to update status?  That might make a difference.  Also, if they had not been sent, I would expect to see something like "transactions to send" in the Online Center under Quicken BillPay- New.  If you want further confirmation, you could go to the QPB online site to verify that they are scheduled there.

Quicken user since 1995

• clamage45
    clamage45 Member ✭✭
    I think I use Direct Connect. Normally after an update, a "send" in the check number field in the register is replaced not by "sent" but by the check number. As I mentioned, there is a check number in the Online Center Transactions tab for each of the 4 checks in question.

There is an option to update status, which I tried. Quicken went online to check the status, and returned no new information, with "send" still in the check number field.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply.  Your right, I only get the sent if Quicken uses an electronic payment method.  I get the check number if they print and send a check.  

If you are still having the problem, there are a couple of older posts about stuck transactions that may help.  In the following there is info about deleting and re-entering the problem transactions.  Good Luck...
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20096876#Comment_20096876

Quicken user since 1995

• clamage45
    clamage45 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the links, but those don't exactly address my problem. I could delete and re-enter these transactions, but if in fact they had been sent, I'd pay each bill twice. If the transactions were sent, and the only issue is incorrect data in the register, I could enter the check numbers from the online transactions tab into the register. So the question is how to tell for sure whether the checks have been sent.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    clamage45 said:
    So the question is how to tell for sure whether the checks have been sent.
    I believe the surest way is to go to the online Quicken BillPay site and verify that they have been scheduled for payment.  If they show there, they will be sent as scheduled.
    https://login.web.quickenbillpay.com/7511/ 

If they have been sent and you just want to clear the un-sent reminder, I believe you could try just deleting the Send from the transaction in the register.  Or, they might just clear up when the checks clear your bank and get downloaded.  

Quicken user since 1995

• clamage45
    clamage45 Member ✭✭
    Checking Quicken Bill Pay seems like a great idea, but I can't log in. They use a 2-step verification process (good), but the first step is for them to call me at a phone number they have on file. Unfortunately, Quicken Bill Pay does not have my current phone number, so I can't receive the call. We have moved off topic at this point, so I started a new thread about logging into Quicken Bill Pay.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877222/how-can-i-log-into-quickenbillpay-com/
  • clamage45
    clamage45 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It turns out I don't have an account with Quicken Bill Pay. I called Quicken Tech Support 888-311-7276, and the agent walked me through some steps, too complicated to try to describe here. I'm closing this thread as resolved.
This discussion has been closed.