Quicken Find has lost some of its functionality

I used to be able to right click on a transaction field, select find all, and the find window would fill the field and contents boxes automatically. This made the search a three click process. Now, the search box is empty requiring extra time to do the same thing. How is this an improvement over the way it used to work? I called Quicken support but the tech couldn't explain why the find function workes as it does. She said it must be the result of a recent update. Shouldn't updates make the software easier to use?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This seems to be a side-effect of the recent change from finding "currently selected field" to finding "any field".
    I agree this is lost functionality and it would be nice to have it back without (yet again) altering the behavior of CTRL-F.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• DCK
    DCK Member ✭✭
    Quicken just updated today and I noticed the same problem. "Find" is much less convenient to use now.
  • cbd19137
    cbd19137 Member ✭✭
    Just noticed the same behavior today, after a patch update. Going backwards, not forwards. Please return the functionality that existed before.
  • One step forward. Two steps back. Please fix this!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an alternative, have you tried the register's Search box or the "Global Search" box instead of CTRL-F Find?

This discussion has been closed.