Transactions not being saved (Q Mac)

Tim W
Tim W Member ✭✭✭
Today I ran into an issue where a number of recent transactions and activities in Quicken 2020 v5.16.1 were not saved. The initial sign was that, after manually reconciling a bank account, the "Today's Balance" amount in the header of the account window did not match the actual balance in the detail section of that account. Otherwise, everything else looked OK, with green checkmarks in the Clr column of this and two other accounts I had just reconciled. I quit Quicken and relaunched to see if this would fix what appeared to be a cosmetic problem, but when Quicken reopened, the recent reconciliations were gone and a number of transactions that had recently been edited—including a recurring transaction with 12 splits— ended up being reverted to their previous status. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a way to mitigate it other than by quitting Quicken more frequently?

Best Answers

Answers

• Tim W
    Tim W Member ✭✭✭
    Mobile Sync was and is off, but it's good to know how to sync my local file with the cloud in case the problem reappears. Thanks.
  • Tim W
    Tim W Member ✭✭✭
    I do have a number of accounts that use Quicken Connect. One was a car loan that began throwing up an error message saying that Quicken thought the loan should have been paid off, even though there is still one payment remaining. Relaunching and re-syncing solved that issue. That may have been the cause of the other problems.
This discussion has been closed.