Home Quicken for Mac Installing and Updating (Mac)

After upgrading to QMac Version 5.17.1 - closed accounts are syncing to mobile

bobsullybobsully Member ✭✭✭
After upgrading toVersion 5.17.1 MAC closed accounts are syncing to mobile with 0 balances.  Is there any way to exclude them from being part of the mobile sync?  This issue started immediately after the update and files were marked as closed.

Comments

• bobsullybobsully Member ✭✭✭
    On closer inspection is appears these are Closed investment accounts, and in reading it does not appear that Quicken allows adding or removing investments accounts from their Mobile Sync.   I'm not sure why this was not an issue before the upgrade.  
  • CyborgOneCyborgOne Member ✭✭
    This affects not only investment accounts, but also other types - such as refinanced mortgages, closed credit card accounts, etc. It really seems that if we have this new "Closed" status for accounts - which explicitly means they have a zero balance, have no open positions, and are no longer downloading transactions - that they should also no longer sync to mobile.

I'm guessing this is simply an oversight on the part of the development team. Can we get a response from the Quicken team as to when this might be fixed in a future update?
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @bobsully,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your issue, and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To start-- On your iMac, please open your Quicken program and go to Quicken > Preferences at the top-left of your screen next to the apple sign.

Then, go to Mobile, Sync & Alerts, and click on the Accounts tab. Once, you're there, check and see if you see the closed accounts in the list and whether or not they are checked (see screenshot below).

If so-- sign out of your mobile app, uncheck the box, click update, and once the update has completed sign back in to the mobile app to see if it removed them from the mobile app.

If not-- check back, so we can look further into this issue.
    -Quicken Anja
    I had previously followed those steps, but did so again, and find the closed accounts which are Investment accounts are not listed.  I went ahead and signed out of the mobile app and then back in, and the closed accounts still show up under Investing. 
    edited July 11
    This issue has not been resolved and although the moderator to me to check-back.  So I contacted support.  Eventually we found the the update somehow included these accounts in the mobile sync prior to my closing them.  I had to meet my data set, reopen the accounts. remove them from the sync preferences, update, and then close them again.
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 11
    @bobsully, I apologize. Since the issue doesn't seem to be related to any sync issues, I am looking further into this, though I don't have an ETA on this, I will get back to you when I find out more.

Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
    I corrected the issue by contacting Support after you did not to follow up.  It seems to be a bug through the update process.