Check pay duplicates check register entry previously made using bill reminder

Options
Bill reminder (with "allow check pay' is checked) enters a reminder in check register, but clicking Pay in Check pay a new check register entry is made that duplicates the reminder check registry entry. Also, in the check registry, cannot select pay with check pay, not allowed

Comments

• garyz1
    garyz1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Entering a reminder that is linked to check pay should automatically enter the Check Pay payment, or there should be an option to do that in the bill reminder screen. Or, allow check pay selection in check register after the bill reminder entry is made
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    garyz1 said:
    Bill reminder (with "allow check pay' is checked) enters a reminder in check register, but clicking Pay in Check pay a new check register entry is made that duplicates the reminder check registry entry. Also, in the check registry, cannot select pay with check pay, not allowed
    How does the first reminder get entered into the register?  When I use Check Pay, I either enter it from the Action drop down menu in Bill Manager All Bills display or from an upcoming reminder displayed in the Payment Account register:
    I don't use just Pay because I'm not sure what payment system that is linked to. Quicken needs to update their documentation regarding paying bills.  While they have some specific guidance for Check Pay setup and use, their program Help has very limited information and tends to reflect older payment systems.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

This discussion has been closed.