I am fairly desperate for a budget to actuals report function on my Mac. Please help!

Options
It seems that this function exists on Windows but not on a MAc. How could this be?

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    When you are in the 12 month view of the budget itself, look at the upper right. There is an option to print both a Full or Summary budget. This will give you the actuals:budgeted in the report. You can print this, save it to PDF, or export the data as CSV to be opened in a spreadsheet like Excel.

This should give you the info you are looking for.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    Answer ✓
    Options
    When you are in the 12 month view of the budget itself, look at the upper right. There is an option to print both a Full or Summary budget. This will give you the actuals:budgeted in the report. You can print this, save it to PDF, or export the data as CSV to be opened in a spreadsheet like Excel.

This should give you the info you are looking for.
  • susangweber
    susangweber Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks so much. It worked and I am most grateful.
  • jrseif
    jrseif Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @John_in_NC said:
    > When you are in the 12 month view of the budget itself, look at the upper right. There is an option to print both a Full or Summary budget. This will give you the actuals:budgeted in the report. You can print this, save it to PDF, or export the data as CSV to be opened in a spreadsheet like Excel.
    >
    > This should give you the info you are looking for.

This apparently has been disabled by the latest update. There is no option on the upper right in 12 month edit view and when selecting from the print menu - output to CSV is greyed out.
  • susangweber
    susangweber Member ✭✭
    Options
    So sorry to hear this. I had success the first time around! I will give it another try soon and hope it has changed back....
  • John_in_NC
    Options
    jrseif said:
    > @John_in_NC said:
    > When you are in the 12 month view of the budget itself, look at the upper right. There is an option to print both a Full or Summary budget. This will give you the actuals:budgeted in the report. You can print this, save it to PDF, or export the data as CSV to be opened in a spreadsheet like Excel.
    >
    > This should give you the info you are looking for.

This apparently has been disabled by the latest update. There is no option on the upper right in 12 month edit view and when selecting from the print menu - output to CSV is greyed out.
    As of 5.17.5, this still works, and I haven't seen a version where it didn't. The text appears light gray, but it still pulls up the menu:

Note: you mentioned "edit view." You never have been able to print anything when editing the budget-only when viewing the 12 month budget results themselves.

This discussion has been closed.