My bank does not support Bank Bill pay

If my bank does not support bank bill pay is there any other way in Quicken Mac to schedule to pay a bill ahead of time like in Quicken Bill pay? Otherwise this Quicken software is useless to me once Quicken Bill pay goes away.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ pattiemac,

Yes, there is a new way to pay bills - which does not require you to have your bank make the payments - that is very similar to the old Quicken Bill Pay. It is called Quicken Bill Manager

The Quicken Bill Manager service is an arrangement that Quicken Inc. has established with, and through, a third-party entity.  It allows you to pay bills through the Quicken application - where payments are made by the third-party company and then that third party takes the funds it has paid to your vendors and your other payees out on one of your bank accounts, which you designate.  As part of the sign-up process, you will need to provide the third-party entity with information that will give them the ability to draw funds directly from your bank account. There is a monthly fee that you'll pay for this service.

Here's a link to more information on the Quicken Bill Manager program.https://www.quicken.com/support/how-move-quicken-bill-pay-quicken-bill-manager

Let me know if you have any followup questions.

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Pete36@
    Pete36@ Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Good luck pattiemac - (Removed-Speculation/Unhelpful) 

"Quick Pay: Send electronic payments to billers (payees) who have online accounts accessible by Quicken. This includes over 11,000 billers. "

- so far only about 25% of the payees I use are accessible.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hi again @pattiemac, and hi @Pete36@,

As a followup to my comments above and this latest comment, you should also know that Quicken Bill Manager also includes what they refer to as "Check Pay" which allows you to pay anybody or any company (i.e. the person or entity does not need to be one of the "11,000 billers" in the program).  Of course, there are limits to the number of payments you can make each month under the program.

Here's some more information about it - link to an FAQ document https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-windows-frequently-asked-questions

One other thing that you should consider (which could require you to setup a new bank account), would be whether you can make payments through Quicken directly from one of your current bank accounts under the bank's payment program.  Many banks, especially the larger ones (like Chase, PNC, Bank of America, TD Bank, and many others) have such programs and many will do so for no additional fees. This is called using "Online Payees" and here's some information on how the process works https://www.quicken.com/support/about-online-payees-and-payments-quicken

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.