OTHER Category on Reports

Options
I spent quite a while inputting a years worth of data and categorizing them appropriately. I now have a nice graph showing me how much I spend in each category when I am on the SPENDING tab. When I run a report however, I get this huge slice of the graph that shows an OTHER category. When I drill down on that I can see all of the transactions and each of them is correctly categorized (ie home improvement, Entertainment etc.). I can't figure out why I am getting this OTHER category when I do a report. Also, the categories seem to be different than what I see on the graph in the SPENDING tab. I have looked in the customized tab inside the reports tab and everything seems to be correct under Categories.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    A pie chart in Quicken can only show a limited number of slices, twelve in the above example, beginning at the 3 o'clock position and going counterclockwise.
    I believe the maximum is around 20 - 24 slices.
    Any more beyond the maximum number of slices are lump-summed into the "Other" slice.
    When comparing reports or graphs, be sure that the selection / filter criteria for the reports are the same for each report or you will be seeing differences.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    A pie chart in Quicken can only show a limited number of slices, twelve in the above example, beginning at the 3 o'clock position and going counterclockwise.
    I believe the maximum is around 20 - 24 slices.
    Any more beyond the maximum number of slices are lump-summed into the "Other" slice.
    When comparing reports or graphs, be sure that the selection / filter criteria for the reports are the same for each report or you will be seeing differences.
  • djohnson9700
    Options
    Good answer. Makes sense. I will need to play with it some more to get what I am looking for.
This discussion has been closed.