When I attempt to update all files, ETrade includes a stock I do not own. Got a fix?

Options
I update all accounts daily and now ETRade includes a stock I do not own which inflates the account value.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Allen B.,

Are you saying that "ETRade" includes the stock" or that "Quicken" includes the stock?  Have you gone online to your account (outside of Quicken) and verified that the stock is not in your account?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Allen B.
    Allen B. Member
    Options
    Yes. Quicken includes a stock which I do not own. ETrade does not show the stock in my account.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay, and I am assuming that it apparently got added via transaction download, it that correct?

If so, the only advice I can give you is to delete ot from your account.  You may also want to contact the brokerage firm and report what happened. Theoretically,  if it was in your account at all, they should have a record of it, mistake or not.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.