"Edit Loan Reminder" actually opens "Edit Rental Property Tenant"

Options
I have multiple loans in my rental activity Quicken file, but on one of them, I cannot edit the loan payment reminder. Every time I do, it opens the "Edit Rental Property Tenant" screen, instead. It doesn't seem to matter whether I open it via the Bill & Income Reminders screen (Edit This Instance and All Future Instances), or the Debt Management screen ("Edit Payment Details"). There is obviously something screwed up with this loan, but I don't want to delete and re-enter, because that will mean re-entering all of the payments.

Any guidance on this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Diana
    Options

Hello @ Bruce

Thank you for posting in the Community, though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue with the loan reminder.

I do have a clarifying question in regard to addressing the issue. In the explanation of the problem, it seemed that the loan is being represented in the RENTAL tab in the Quicken program. A loan, property or otherwise, if set up correctly would be represented in the PROPERTY tab under the DEBT subcategory.

Do you see the loan there? Are you able to edit the payment reminder from this section?

Thank you

- Quicken Diana

• Bruce
    Bruce Member ✭✭
    Options
    You are correct. Sorry if that wasn't clear in my earlier post. When I go to Property | Debt, I do see this loan, along with several other loans. I can update the payment reminder for all other loans through this section, but when I try to update the payment reminder for the loan in question, the "Edit Rental Property Tenant" screen opens, instead.
  • Quicken Diana
    Options

Hello @ Bruce

Thank you for clarifying. So, you are in the correct section of the program but still receiving the incorrect action window for the function you are attempting.

Let’s check a couple of things. Click on the HELP menu at the top left of Quicken and choose the option CHECK FOR UPDATES. If and update is available, go ahead and install it. 

Once that is done, click on the FILE menu, then hover over FILE OPERATIONS and choose the VALIDATE AND REPAIR option. Click on the first option on the left, VALIDATE FILE and click OK at the bottom right.

Once the validation has completed, try the UPDATE PAYMENT REMINDER function again. Did it work correctly this time?

Thank you 
    - Quicken Diana 
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member ✭✭
    Options
    Already on the most recent version (R28.18), so no updates to install. Validated the file, but still having the same problem trying to edit payment using the Update Payment Reminder function.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Bruce

Thank you for going through the recommended troubleshooting steps, although I'm sorry to hear that issues persist.

If you haven't already, please create a copy of the file by going to the File menu > File Operations > Copy option.

When prompted please open the copied file and attempt to edit the loan reminder once more.

If the edit rental property tenant window still opens, I'd like to test if this behavior is due to a product issue, or is specific to the data file by creating a new, test file from the File menu > New Quicken File.

In the new file, please recreate the loan reminder and rental property tenant and let us know if you are still directed to the edit rental property tenant window when attempting to edit the loan reminder.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.