Auto match categories never works right

Options
mak1958
mak1958 Member ✭✭
I have been manually entering transactions into my quicken for Mac for 6 months. mostly because I didn't want to spend anymore money using this nightmare software anymore after 22 years of using quicken. but I finally did extend the subscription [Removed-Rant/Unhelpful] I connected to Capital one 360. it downloaded 3 months worth of transactions from the bank. and did not match 1 record at all. instead it auto-categorize for the transactions and now made even more work for me. I did back up so unless this is an easy fix I will just try off downloads and go back to manual. [Removed-Rant/Unhelpful]  so if there is an easy fix let me know thank you.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @mak1958

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I have an idea that should be a easier than having to manually go through duplicate transactions. We should be able to add your capital one 360 account as a new account and then move the transactions from your manual account that are not in the new connected account.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we're going to want to add the capital one 360 account as a new account. You can do so by going to the + in the top left on the blue bar. Find the Financial Institution/sign in and then make sure to select new account once it comes up if you would like to link it. 

Once we have our new account we'll just need to see what our oldest transaction date is. Once that's found we can go into the manual register and find the same date during the split. Select the first transaction that's not in the new downloaded register (Make sure it's highlighted blue). Next scroll to your oldest transaction in this register. Hold SHIFT on your keyboard and select the oldest transaction (Should be an opening balance). Everything inbetween should now be highlighted blue. Click and HOLD anywhere in the blue and drag it over to the new register on the left hand side. It'll ask if you want to move the selected transactions and you'll say yes. Once this is done you should have moved all the transactions moved and we just need to fix the balance.

To fix the balance go to the new register and in the search bar type opening balance. you should have one that's back in may that we'll delete and then the balance should look correct at this point. Once this is done your registers now connected with downloads again!

Once you get a chance try this out and let us know if you were able to successfully get it all together. If not we'll see what our next best option is!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.