Quicken can't access profile on Windows 10 desktop

I have Quicken (R28.18) on a desktop (Windows 10 Professional) and a laptop (Windows 10 Home) both at current maintenance. Laptop works fine, but on desktop, Edit/Preferences can't find the online account. Account is fine on website. Have done Validate and Super validate on desktop Quicken file and that is fine. Quicken level 1 chat support said they would create a ticket and I would get an email, which I never got.

Quicken can take over a minute to load on the desktop, and I suspect this may have something to do with Quicken Cloud, but can't see the Cloud settings because it can't find the Quicken accounts. Can see everything fine on the laptop, so must be something related to Quicken on desktops.

Best Answer

Answers

• Barry Jedrick
    Barry Jedrick Member ✭✭
    Check for updates says ‘You already have the latest version’.

Yes, I have singed in and out numerous times. Spent several hours on chat trying various things which proved there was nothing wrong with the Quicken file on my PC. They said they would open a ticket and that I would receive a copy of the chat with the ticket number when I ended the chat, but I never got any email. Wish I had made my own copy of the chat, but I believed the person.

When I click Quicken ID & Cloud accounts, it spins a bit, then I get this screen:

Tried ‘Sign on using a different Quicken ID’ and said YES on the next screen, then signed back in and that fixed it.

I didn’t even know there was a Cloud, and I’m not interested in mobile access, but now I can see that mobile and web has SYNC set to OFF, just as it is on my laptop. When I saw there was a Quicken Cloud, I thought that might be what was taking Quicken to load these days, so hopefully it will now load quicker.

So thank you so much for fixing my problem. I wish the level1 support person I chatted with could have given me this answer, but we spent all that time verifying that there was nothing wrong with the file on the PC. I was also disappointed that I never got the email they promised with a copy of the chat and the ticket number.

I don’t have any use for mobile services, but it would be nice to be able to share the Quicken file between my desktop and my laptop. Now I do all my updates on the desktop, back up to a flash drive, and then occasionally restore the backup from the flash drive onto the laptop.

Anyway, thanks again. If you ever get the ticket that was promised, you can consider it closed.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Barry Jedrick

I'm glad that we were able to get it up and working! Sometimes it can be a bit tricky to figure out exactly why it's not showing information. Either way I'm glad that we were able to get the problem solved! If you do run into any more issues please let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.