When in the Online Center trying to make a Payment, the Enter command is not working.

Options
Since 8/30/20 when in the Online Center making a payment, the Enter command is not functioning. What could this be??

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @marykoss,

Which bill payment service are you using - Quicken Bill Manager, Quicken Bill Pay, or a bank's bill payment service?  If you have been using Quicken Bill Pay - that service is being terminated effective today.

Get back to us with more details, or with followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• marykoss
    marykoss Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Frank. Definitely not a bank bill pay, but don’t know if it’s Bill Manager or Bill Pay.
    My version of Q is Q Deluxe; version R28.10; build 17.1.28.10.
    I go to the Online Center under Tools to pay my bills; make transfers.
    I was able to make a transfer between Bank of American accounts yesterday; but could not get a Payment to Enter and then submit.
    Appreciate your help. mary koss
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @marykoss,

So, the outside company that ran "Quicken Bill Pay" for many years decided to stop providing the service and earlier this year, Quicken found a new provider and is calling the new service "Quicken Bill Manager".  The old "Quicken Bill Pay" expires today, so I believe that was the service you were using.  To continue to pay bills through Quicken, you now have a choice of setting up a new service - with either Quicken Bill Manager, or with your bank (assuming that your bank provides bill payment services - which most do).

Here's a LINK to information on the new Quicken Bill Manager.  If you want more information on bill pay services from your bank, you should visit their website or call them to see if they offer the service.  But you can also find out through Quicken - Try these steps:

1) Open the bank account (preferably a checking account) in Quicken;
    2) In the upper right hand of the screen - click on the Gear icon;
    3) Select "Edit Account Details";
    4) Click on the "Online Services" tab:
    5) If, in the bottom section named "Online bill payment" it says "Set up now..." then it is likely that you'll be able to pay your bills through that account in Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• marykoss
    marykoss Member ✭✭
    Options
    i didnt see a link to the Bill Manager. i know how to do it through BOA, but would rather do it thru Quicken if possible. Thanks.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    This may not be the link @Frankx intended but is describes the payment system differences: https://www.quicken.com/support/what-are-differences-between-quicken-bill-manager-and-quicken-bill-pay

The Enter command is typically used with reminders and for those set up with the older BillPay systems would initiate a payment. (it does still work with Bank Billpay systems that can initiate from within Quicken).  Some form of Pay is the command more typically used with Bill Manager (Quick Pay and Check Pay specifically).  The transition to Bill Manager payments can be difficult due to the need to setup & use online billers.  BofA payments may be quicker in the short term.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For completeness, here is the latest comprehensive info on Bill Manager:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7880076/bill-manager-is-now-live#latest

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024