Why are my reminders suddenly no longer automatically entering into my accounts?

2»

Answers

• RegExp
    RegExp Member
    @Qucken - any update on this? "No ETA" in September/2020, is there an ETA now (6 months later). Thanks!
  • bjgross59
    bjgross59 Member ✭✭
    This has been a problem for me since October last year. This is no longer (if it ever was) a problem to be discussed in the community. It's about time that a senior employee of Quicken get involved. Maybe we can get Microsoft to reissue Money.
  • jlmcgauhey
    jlmcgauhey Member
    Ever since I transferred Quicken to a new Windows computer, none of the entries I have Scheduled as Auto entry, with a Status = Auto, will actually auto-enter to the Register. I must manually make them go in.
    Also, I have some showing as Status = Done, and I cannot get rid of them.
  • johnjfreund
    johnjfreund Member
    edited October 2021
    I also have noticed that since March bill reminder entries have disappeared from my register. Future entries seem to be OK. I suspect that once they are marked paid they are disappearing.

I see that tis has been going on for a while and Quicken has grown silent on the issue. If billing reminders did not work at all it would not be as disturbing; thinking the entries are there and having them disappear is a far more serious problem. [Removed-Disruptive]
  • I agree with everyone on this thread. I've been asking about this since last September. Very frustrating that Quicken doesn't even respond.
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭
    Based on over 700 Topic Hits, hundreds of Users checked for a solution to address this no longer functional time-saver and budget management tool. Feature was touted years ago as major program enhancement. And it remains dysfunctional for many, many, many months.
    To the point, when Intuit sold Quicken a few years ago, Eric Dunn, CEO, invited Quicken Users to directly contact him with feedback. I unfortunately cannot find that reference now. Does anyone know how this long-persistent problem can be elevated directly to him to prioritize a resolution? Has anyone found an action update from Quicken Team? TIA
  • K N Waller
    K N Waller Member ✭✭
    Six months and no solution. Very disappointed.
  • KR75
    KR75 Member
    Chiming in here - with a very similar perspective. Long time user, the auto functionality no longer works. Clearly a bug fix - which the product manager should own and prioritize. Intensely annoying.
  • Rob Martin
    Rob Martin Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I am having the same issue with AUTO bill reminders not entering and now show as OVERDUE. How can an automatic entry be OVERDUE? Also, I am having unpaid reminders disappear creating Late Charges from CC companies. I have had several of these now and it's becoming very frustrating.
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Still the same issue. Automatic income reminder is not entered automatically nor is automatic bill reminder entering automatically. Also a long time Quicken user. [Removed-Speculation].
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭
    Hello Project Leader and/or Moderator:
    Please enlighten Users if resolution of this long-persistent problem is in queue or not. If yes, define target release of fix to help the hundreds who loose time working around this program defect. If not, let us know why Quicken fails to solve. Thanks for providing a hopefully pro-active reply.
  • Robert Kassnel
    Robert Kassnel Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Quicken Sarah seems to have marked her non-answer back in September as the "Accepted Answer." [Removed-Speculation/Disruptive]. 
  • Papiko88
    Papiko88 Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Having similar issue here... any resolution from Quicken yet?
  • Still having this issue two years later. Having to click on my "auto-entered" transactions (which are NOT auto-entered, and instead of listed as "overdue") and enter them manually... Such an easy fix for the developers, and still not done yet in August 2022....
  • Robert Kassnel
    Robert Kassnel Member ✭✭✭
    Remarkable isn't it? We need to keep this in mind when reviewing the product and the responsiveness of the company.
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    My reminders were auto entering until a recent update.  I agree with the comments by other users, transactions set to auto enter should do just that.  The fix for this should be given a high priority.
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    On the first page of this discussion Quicken Sarah replied with a comment that included the following:

"Our Teams are further investigating this behavior and if you haven't yet, please open Quicken and go         to the Help menu > Report a Problem option.

In the window that opens, please enter "QWIN-18022" in the subject, mark the box for every file listed        and when ready click "Send to Quicken"."

I just did it and encourage everyone who is annoyed with this problem to make a report to Quicken.  The more it is on record the quicker the response will be.  The squeaky wheel gets greased. 
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have been a Quicken user since the original DOS version came out.  It has been a great tool for me personally and will continue to use it. The more users that report a problem through report a problem dialogue the faster the response from Quicken will be.
  • kharreld
    kharreld Member ✭✭
    Same problem. It seemed to start around a month ago or more. Maybe it correlated to the same time the annoying green font "Entered" started showing up under my Bills and Income tab in the "Last Payment" column. Perhaps somehow the software is confused by this and thinks it has already been entered? Makes no sense. I reported the problem with the subject as recommended above. For now, I have set them all to "remind Me", which is less efficient for sure.
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem happened again, so i reported it again.  I also included this statement: 

According to the information found in Quicken Help this feature should still work - 

• Automatically enter the transaction in the register [n] days before the due date. Select this option to enter the number of days in advance of when the reminder is due that you want to trigger the reminder and automatically enter it as a transaction in your register.

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem happened again, so I reported it again.  I also included this statement: 

According to the information found in Quicken Help this feature should still work - 

• Automatically enter the transaction in the register [n] days before the due date. Select this option to enter the number of days in advance of when the reminder is due that you want to trigger the reminder and automatically enter it as a transaction in your register.
    I would encourage every user who experiences this problem to report it to Quicken every time they encounter the problem.
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem happened again, so I reported it again.  I also included this statement: 

• Automatically enter the transaction in the register [n] days before the due date. Select this option to enter the number of days in advance of when the reminder is due that you want to trigger the reminder and automatically enter it as a transaction in your register.
    I would once again encourage every user who experiences this problem to report it to Quicken every time they encounter the problem. Don't forget to enter "QWIN-18022" in the subject.
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭

I would once again encourage every user who experiences this problem to report it to Quicken every time they encounter the problem. Don't forget to enter "QWIN-18022" in the subject.
This discussion has been closed.