wrong number of shares after APPLE split

Kevin 1732
Kevin 1732 Unconfirmed ✭✭
After the 4:1 split of Apple stock, my balance is way too high. Transaction history shows both SPLIT on 8/31 and then an ADDITION of 3 x as many shares. Shares are too high by the 3 x entry. Should I delete that entry?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ Kevin_1732,

Apparently your Quicken account has effectively shown the split twice.  Yes, you should delete the "3 x" entry - which should place your shareholdings at the correct number, and the account balance of holdings should then revert to the proper valuation amount.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Kevin 1732
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Frankx. Yes, this worked & it fixed the problem. Thanks.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ Kevin_1732,

Apparently your Quicken account has effectively shown the split twice.  Yes, you should delete the "3 x" entry - which should place your shareholdings at the correct number, and the account balance of holdings should then revert to the proper valuation amount.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Kevin 1732
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Frankx. Yes, this worked & it fixed the problem. Thanks.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hi again @Kevin_1732,

Glad to hear that, and always happy to help!

Take care,

Frankx

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not clear on your representation.  You should delete any Add Shares transaction that claim to be the split.  A StkSplit transaction is the correct form that will maintain the proper cost basis information.  
This discussion has been closed.