Migration from Windows to Mac without cloud?

It looks like the only way to move a file from Quicken for Windows to Quicken for Mac is via Quicken Cloud.

Have I missed something? Is there some option other than sharing my data with Quicken?

(Also, the ability to keep my data local is one of the few advantages I see in Quicken v. the competition. Surely Quicken would like to reinforce that value?)

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Sarah Pan

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. In order to move your data you can move the file from one operating to the other you'd need to move the data file from the windows over to the mac. The article down below also will explain the whole moving process so that you don't have to do it via the cloud either. Quicken is still a local filed based software so you'll still have a data file you've previously had.

https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-quicken-windows-quicken-mac-2016

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Thank you for the quick response! Moving the file over is not the problem - I have that in hand. It's during importing of the data (using Quicken on the Mac) that I'm getting the message saying I have to use the Cloud. Are the instructions above still current for 2020?
This discussion has been closed.