Account with Multi-factor authentication ERROR when selecting UPDATE ALL ACCOUNTS

Options
So, I activated MFA on my Wells Fargo Bank account. When I update the single account in Quicken, it prompts and challenges me for a MFA code as expected then successfully downloads transactions. Great.

However, when I select UPDATE ALL ACCOUNTS, the WFB account update fails with a PARTIAL DOWNLOAD -30 error. When I choose RESOLVE in the STATUS window, Quicken prompts for the account username/password (even though it is already stored) before being challenged for a MFA code. What this means is ALL ACCOUNTS WITH MFA will fail when UPDATE ALL ACCOUNTS is used. Unfortunately, since Quicken is not using the stored username/password, they need to be re-entered before the MFA challenge.

** SUGGESTION ** A better process might be to have the UPDATE ALL ACCOUNTS script STOP when it hits a MFA account, use the stored username/password and prompt for the MFA code - BEFORE MOVING ON TO THE NEXT ACCOUNT. As designed, RESOLVE is requiring the user to re-enter the account password before the MFA challenge, which I can not possibly remember (16 character text string).

WITH EVERY UPDATE (MFA account or not), QUICKEN SHOULD BE USING THE STORED USERNAME/PASSWORD.

How are others handling this MFA issue?

Comments

• MRYFLYGUY
    Options
    Have I stumped the stars?
  • Mike Hansen
    Options
    Had my credit union turn off MFA.
  • deholz
    deholz Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @MRYFLYGUY said:
    > ** SUGGESTION ** A better process might be to have the UPDATE ALL ACCOUNTS script STOP when it hits a MFA account, use the stored username/password and prompt for the MFA code - BEFORE MOVING ON TO THE NEXT ACCOUNT. As designed, RESOLVE is requiring the user to re-enter the account password before the MFA challenge, which I can not possibly remember (16 character text string).

> WITH EVERY UPDATE (MFA account or not), QUICKEN SHOULD BE USING THE STORED USERNAME/PASSWORD.

@MRYFLYGUY
    Have you upgraded to Version 6.0.1 (Build 600.37045.100)?

For me (connecting to NFCU), this version has streamlined the issues with the MFA error. Quicken now passes the user ID/PW automatically and prompts with the Email/Text authentication option.

It will still pause for the authentication step, but it doesn't bomb out of the download and make you provide all your login information again.

A definitely improvement - at least for me.
    DEHolz
    Q4W - c. 1991; Q4M - c. 2017
This discussion has been closed.