Projected Balance Report - Inaccurate

In report: Bills & Income Reminders/Monthly Bills & Deposits/October 2020 I currently display the graphical balance of the checking account I use to pay all my bills. The graph alerts me to a negative projected balance (-$1289.08) on 10/24.

However, the primary check register for that account says that the balance will be $2,973.28.

The problem seems to arise on 10/10 where the balance reported drops from about $5000 down to $254. The transactions in the account on that day are about $250 -- and no way can explain a $4,700 change in the projected balance.

I have "supervalidated" my data account. Same problem. I trouble shot a similar problem previously. There are no "hidden bills" from the past that I can find. I've attached a view of the offending report.

Paul

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Paul Smith2

Obviously, that graph doesn't appear to agree with the data presented. However, if you have scheduled transfers from the account in question dated 10/10 and 10/24 that may provide some explanation.

Beyond that, I have no way of determining what, if anything may or may not be wrong with your Quicken file.  Sorry.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Do the Bills & Income Tab, Projected Balance and/or you October calendar show a similar picture?

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭✭
    jrich75

Thanks for the "clue". In the calendar view, I discovered a number of transactions from past "bill reminders" that showed up. When I deleted those reminders from the "Bills and Income Reminders" tool, the projected balance again squared with the check register. I've been a Quicken user for many years, never stumbled on this issue before .... so thanks..

Part of the reason I stumbled on this recently is the new Quicken Bill Pay service. The previous Metevante service cleared out the bill reminder when I paid it. Apparently the new service doesn't bother to do that.

Paul
This discussion has been closed.