Check Printing and Reminder

Options
I have a mortgage account due on the 10th of each month. In the mortgage setup menu I have the "Print Checks With Quicken" checkbox selected. It is also set to reminder me 7 days in advance so I have time to print the check and mail it.

Today it reminded me. I click on File, then Print Checks, and is says
"You have no checks to print" I tired to make the check overdue so see if that changes anything and I still get the same message.

How can I get the transactions reminder in the register to print the check as it was setup in the mortgage account?
Thank you

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Ahmed,

Have you actually recorded the check in your check register?  You need to do that before you can print the check.  A reminder is just that - it tells you that a bill needs to be paid but you also need to record a chack before you can print it.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Ahmed,

Have you actually recorded the check in your check register?  You need to do that before you can print the check.  A reminder is just that - it tells you that a bill needs to be paid but you also need to record a chack before you can print it.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.