Not connecting to PNC to download transactions - this started on 9/29.

Anyone having issues downloading PNC transactions. Looks like PNC has changed their security protocols for their website. Is this the issue?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @drjonz

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Which error are you getting exactly when trying to download from PNC? I'm wondering here if those security protocols changes may require to re sign in but it'd be better we try testing out in a test file first to find out if we're able to connect there first.

1. In the top left select file > New 
    2.  Select Start from Scratch and hit next
    3. Select Don't use quicken mobile and web. Hit next
    4. Try to add your PNC accounts back into quicken.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Once you've tried in the test file could you let us know if you're able to connect. If not we'll see what our next best option is.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• drjonz
    drjonz Member ✭✭
    Same error: AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (FI_TIMEOUT:ccscrape.102)
  • Quicken Francisco
    edited October 2020
    @drjonz

Thanks for the update. It seems like it is likely that something with the recent PNC change is more than likely causing the error as an aggregator in error generally means we're unable to contact their servers. What we're going to want to do is contact  Quicken Support via chat or phone. They're going to need to collect logs so that they're able to find exactly what's happening. Once you get a chance let us know how it goes. I'll also list our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• dioxide45
    dioxide45 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Francisco said:
    > Hello @drjonz
    >
    > Thank you for
    > reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Which error are you getting exactly when trying to download from PNC? I'm wondering here if those security protocols changes may require to re sign in but it'd be better we try testing out in a test file first to find out if we're able to connect there first.
    >
    > 1. In the top left select file > New 
    > 2.  Select Start from Scratch and hit next. 
    > 3. Select Don't use quicken mobile and web. Hit next
    > 4. Try to add your PNC accounts back into quicken.After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 
    >
    > Once you've tried in the test file could you let us know if you're able to connect. If not we'll see what our next best option is.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken Francisco

I am on a Mac, so I think my options may be different. Though I did go to the gear settings icon in the lower right then Troubleshooting then Update Username or Password. Still no luck on that though.
  • Quicken Francisco
    edited October 2020
    @dioxide45

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. The instructions that I provided are correct for mac. I believe you're likely getting the similar error to drjonz and would also advise to contact support when you have a chance. My previous post in the thread also has the link and hours to find the method/hours that work best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• dioxide45
    dioxide45 Member ✭✭
    Okay. I did a chat with support, but ended up finding this on my own. It looks like PNC has perhaps made changes with how it integrates with Quicken.

There is now a Quicken Enrollment under Customer Service tab.

» Click on the "Customer Service" tab at the top of the screen.
    » Then, click on the "Quicken® Enrollment" link under the "Account Management" section[2]

It looks like they need to send you a PIN. Not exactly sure how it works. I did the enrollment, but when I tried to connect again I got the same error messages. Perhaps some other process is needed before it prompts for a PIN.
  • dioxide45
    dioxide45 Member ✭✭
    Well, PNC is still not working. I tried connecting via Direct Connect, sometimes it will ask me for the 2-factor authentication, and on other accounts it doesn't. Not really sure what the issue iw.
  • drjonz
    drjonz Member ✭✭
    New ERROR - ACCOUNT_MISMATCH. I realize that this has now been recognized at a system problem and not just my issue.
This discussion has been closed.