How do I change account type from brokerage to investment without losing posted activity?

Options
mcjayjay
mcjayjay Member
I erroneously setup account type.

How do I change account type from brokerage to investment without losing posted activity?

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    Select the account in the sidebar, the click menu Accounts > Settings... Quicken will let you change the account type from the popup menu "Type" as long as the new type is one of the Investment account types (can't be Checking, Savings, etc). 

The only real effects of this is which account group (Brokerage, Retirement, Education) the account falls under in the Investing section of the sidebar and how transactions are reflected in the Tax Schedule Report. 

Here are the options in the Investment Account Type popup:

Note that there isn't one called "Investment".
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    Select the account in the sidebar, the click menu Accounts > Settings... Quicken will let you change the account type from the popup menu "Type" as long as the new type is one of the Investment account types (can't be Checking, Savings, etc). 

The only real effects of this is which account group (Brokerage, Retirement, Education) the account falls under in the Investing section of the sidebar and how transactions are reflected in the Tax Schedule Report. 

Here are the options in the Investment Account Type popup:

Note that there isn't one called "Investment".
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.