how to remove a rule

I erred and told Quicken to make all transactions for my VISA payment and my Line of Credit payment show as to the VISA card. This would be showing up in the Category column as a transfer. How can I "undo" this rule? I tried going to "tools" and then "renaming rules" but I don't see the rule that is now operational there.
What I would like to have Quicken do is make all transactions for my VISA payment show as a transfer to the VISA account. And all transactions for my Line ofCredit payment show as a transfer to the Line of credit account.

PS I want to thank everyone who has answered my many starting up questions. I am really rolling along now and could never have gotten this far without your help!

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    renaming rules only change the name.  I think what you are looking for is Tools > Memorized Payee List. There you can specify the appropriate category for the payee.  

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    renaming rules only change the name.  I think what you are looking for is Tools > Memorized Payee List. There you can specify the appropriate category for the payee.  
This discussion has been closed.