Recent update no longer shows one step update link on account menu

Options
After the last update to Quicken that I installed today R29.16 build 27.1.29.16 for Quicken 2020, I no longer see the icon/link on the accounts bar which i have pinned to the left of my register. I have always used this short cut to start the one step update as very simple. Also do not see the accounts button that was next to it I believe though I don't use that one as much. Think it opened the settings for accounts or something. Please put these back. No idea the advantage to removing a short cut.
Tagged:

Answers

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Options
    If I understand you correctly, I think you're talking about the customizable action buttons above the register. 

You can add the missing actions back with the gear, select customize action bar from the menu.

It sounds like the update reset them to the default, but that should not be happening. 
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    No it isn't the gear icon for the register. It was over the account list. I had my account list on the left side of my register. at the top where now is say All Transactions there was a part circle with an arrow that is for one step update but it is completely gone. There was also some kind of icon there for opening up the account list. Both are found also under tools but I have always just used these short cut icons.
    Update: WHile I was typing this last message I was playing around with menus to see if I could get it to show again and what do you know. I switch the view to "classis menus" and it didn't reappear so I click back to "standard menu" and tada-not I see it. It was the whole menu bar that I was missing. It's the blue bar across the top that has home, spending, etc in it and also the one step update shortcut. No idea where it was before but all good now! :)
  • karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    By the way, thansk for your response Rich_M!
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Now I understand exactly what happened.  With Classic Menus selected you have the options, Show Tabs and Show Toolbar, if these are not checked, then the Tabs and Toolbar are hidden.

With Standard Menus selected, there is no option to Show Tabs, they are always shown, but can be customized.  You only have the option to Show Toolbar, which can be hidden.

So I can see how this can be a bit tricky to figure out.

It's not uncommon for updates to any software, to modify user settings, they shouldn't, but they do.  However, in my experience with Quicken, I have often found it's too easy to unknowingly change a checkbox that alters the programs behavior.

This program probably has thousands of them throughout its various dialogs, so it can be time consuming to hunt down the one that is causing the problem.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
This discussion has been closed.