Prudential 401k: share balance doubled

After a year of not being able to get my Prudential 401k transactions to download, I am now having a challenge with the number of shares exactly doubling, resulting in the account balance doubling.

Upon download of 401k transactions I am advised of that the number of shares reported by Prudential do not match those in Quicken (Prudential shows the correct value, Prudential shows the doubled value). If I click More Info on that error message, Quicken will prompt me to correct share balance through Placeholder transactions or Ignore the imbalance.

Is anyone having similar issues

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Matthew Guglielmetti

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the information available here regarding placeholder entries and see if there is a placeholder in the account that could be causing the error message.

If you do locate a placeholder, please take a moment to review the information available here.

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • MLG_Vegas
    MLG_Vegas Member ✭✭
    Sadly, even when clearing the Placeholders (using average cost method) the shares (and account balance) is doubled.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Matthew Guglielmetti

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue and help locate the discrepancy to provide a solution. 

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.