Can't display transfer of All Shares between investment accounts (Q Mac)

Options
jrhecht
jrhecht Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I was manually entering investment transactions from a robo-advisor brokerage which I subsequently transferred to Schwab. As I entered the withdrawal to Schwab, I entered the transaction as "All Shares". I entered the wrong account to transfer TO and now I can't find the transaction to EDIT, because it is theoretically non-monetary. Anyone know how I can edit this to move between two unrelated brokerage firms as the robo-advisor actually sold all positions and sent a check (very old school) to Schwab. Appreciate any advice as I can't find any help on the system. Thanks.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @jrhecht,

I may be misinterpreting your post above, but if you entered a transaction to transfer "All Shares" from one Quicken account to another - but there were no shares in the "transfer from" account - then it would seem that there would be no "transactions" to find (except perhaps fractional shares related to Q's recent switch to additional decimal places).

Also you say the transaction is "non-monetary" - if that is the case how can there be a transaction at all, and why do you need to edit it?

One more question - when was your most recent backup, because that may be the simple way to undo whatever transaction you may - or may not have entered.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.