When you pay via check pay, is the money taken out immediately or when the check clears?

I am disappointed with quick pay because apparently, it doesn't let you pay anyone other than ebills. I don't like ebills because in quicken they are always behind. I pay the bill as soon as I get it, not on the due date. So the ebills always seem to have last month's amount.

On top of that, I set up a quickpay and check pay account weeks ago, but it seems only to have quick pay account enabled. Now wants me to do microdeposits again. Already did it once and verified. So doing it again although I likely will never use it.

Steve
MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
Quicken Simplifi since 2021

Best Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @SRC1954

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issues you've been having. It is odd that it had you do the microdeposits again but I've seen it but if it becomes a repeated issue then we need to look deeper into it. As it goes when the money is taken out it's when it is cleared with the bank. If the check is lost or shredded it will not be charged to your account.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the answer. I am resetting up my account again, but I doubt I ever really use it. Both of my banks do this for me. And i just hate ebills.

Steve

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @SRC1954

If you do end up using it and having any issues with the account delinking let us know and we'll see what we can do to fix it! 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @SRC1954

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issues you've been having. It is odd that it had you do the microdeposits again but I've seen it but if it becomes a repeated issue then we need to look deeper into it. As it goes when the money is taken out it's when it is cleared with the bank. If the check is lost or shredded it will not be charged to your account.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the answer. I am resetting up my account again, but I doubt I ever really use it. Both of my banks do this for me. And i just hate ebills.

Steve

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @SRC1954

If you do end up using it and having any issues with the account delinking let us know and we'll see what we can do to fix it! 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.