Why is a Quicken download changed all the names of the transactions to one name

Softbear
Softbear Member ✭✭
Just downloaded my transactions for the past couple of weeks and its changed most of the transaction names to House loan in the checking acct which is my mortgage acct name.

Answers

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Softbear One possibility is that you have a Renaming Rule with criteria that is common among many types of transactions, resulting in them all being renamed to House Loan.

Check your Renaming Rules to see if you have one for House Loan and review the criteria.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • Softbear
    Softbear Member ✭✭
    No, thats not it. I've been using Quicken for many years and thought I had seen all the strange issues but this started after the last update. It only changed the names from the banking and they were all different transactions.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Softbear Just thought that might be a possibility, as long as you ruled out Renaming Rules, I have no other suggestions at this time.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about a problem that occurs when viewing your transactions using the Quicken on the web browser-based application? Or does this problem occur when working in Quicken for Windows or Quicken for Mac?
    This discussion is currently categorized to Errors and Troubleshooting (Quicken on the web) and may need to be recategorized by a moderator.
    What desktop version and release of Quicken are you using?
    To get you back to normal, it may be necessary to  restore your Quicken data file from a Manual or Automatic Backup taken prior to the problem first occurring, if necessary going back to older backups until you find a file that does not exhibit these symptoms.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

• Softbear
    Softbear Member ✭✭
    I'm using Quicken Deluxe for Windows, ver r29.22. I know that was what I was going to do and see if that takes care of the issue.
  • Softbear
    Softbear Member ✭✭
    Thanks guys for the help
  • Softbear
    Softbear Member ✭✭
    Just had to restore a backup to correct the issue. Seems I remember this happening the last time there was an update.