Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I Merge an investment that is shown as two.

glw1861
glw1861 Member
edited November 2020 in Investing (Windows)
I have used Quicken for a lot of years. One of my investments was involved in a merger earlier this year. In the merger the symbol was changed. Subsequent dividend reinvestments were entered by Quicken with the new symbol and the new slightly different name. I changed the symbol on the original securities, but when I try to change the name Quicken says NO WAY, as I already have that other name. How do I merge the two together? The goal is to have one name for all of the investments of that security.

Best Answer

• glw1861
    glw1861 Member
    Accepted Answer
    No, that gives me the same error message, but good thought. I guess one option would be to delete the two transactions and then manually re-enter them under the original name, delete the new name and then change the name on the old one.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Try doing a Corporate Aquisition
  • glw1861
    glw1861 Member
    Accepted Answer
    No, that gives me the same error message, but good thought. I guess one option would be to delete the two transactions and then manually re-enter them under the original name, delete the new name and then change the name on the old one.