How do I Merge an investment that is shown as two.

Options
glw1861
glw1861 Member ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have used Quicken for a lot of years. One of my investments was involved in a merger earlier this year. In the merger the symbol was changed. Subsequent dividend reinvestments were entered by Quicken with the new symbol and the new slightly different name. I changed the symbol on the original securities, but when I try to change the name Quicken says NO WAY, as I already have that other name. How do I merge the two together? The goal is to have one name for all of the investments of that security.

Best Answer

• glw1861
    glw1861 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No, that gives me the same error message, but good thought. I guess one option would be to delete the two transactions and then manually re-enter them under the original name, delete the new name and then change the name on the old one.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try doing a Corporate Aquisition

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• glw1861
    glw1861 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No, that gives me the same error message, but good thought. I guess one option would be to delete the two transactions and then manually re-enter them under the original name, delete the new name and then change the name on the old one.
  • Lee Sargent
    Lee Sargent Member
    Options
    I ended up selling all the stock(SOLD) in the approriate account for zero dollars and the same day entering a (Bought) record with the number of shares that were bought for zero dollars which ended up balancing all the important things and made the Holdings report show the current items and made the accounts total look a lot better. (No commissions were entered) Not great because it doesn't connect the receiving accounts value from the old account for forward analysis on rate amount added or closed account value at ending.
This discussion has been closed.