Cash App online banking - trouble setting up account

hispeedvcsel
hispeedvcsel Member ✭✭
Cash App is listed as an institution that can be connected to Quicken. When trying to connect my Cash App account to Quicken, the software asks for Cash App User ID/username and password. When signing in to Cash App online, phone number and PIN are used. I tried this combination in Quicken but it doesn't connect. Has anyone successfully connected their Cash App account to Quicken?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @hispeedvcsel

Thank you for the response and additional details.

When I attempt to add a Cash App account in Quicken I am presented with a message that this financial institution is currently unsupported.

The login for this account is unusual in that a 2 step verification is required prior to entering the password. It would appear that this type of login is currently unsupported.

The account will need to be tracked manually, for the time being, I apologize for not having better news.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting .....  the website login page has - enter email or phone number
    and it looks to support... Quicken - Express Web Connect
    12380    12380    12380    Cash App    https://cash.app/login    NA    https://cash.app/login    ACTIVE                  
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• hispeedvcsel
    hispeedvcsel Member ✭✭
    Thanks, just tried email address and PIN, Cash App username and PIN, and phone number and PIN with no luck
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @hispeedvcsel

Thank you for the response and additional details.

When I attempt to add a Cash App account in Quicken I am presented with a message that this financial institution is currently unsupported.

The login for this account is unusual in that a 2 step verification is required prior to entering the password. It would appear that this type of login is currently unsupported.

The account will need to be tracked manually, for the time being, I apologize for not having better news.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Any update? This is a major piece of missing functionality.
  • stinger32
    stinger32 Member ✭✭
    It is December 2021 has there been a change in this status? If so link the information.
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @cliffhelsel1 and @stinger32. Unfortunately, Cash App is still unsupported and you would need to contact them as far as seeing if they can be supported by Quicken. I do apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused!
  • stinger32
    stinger32 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    [Removed - Unhelpful]
This discussion has been closed.