UNKNOWN INSTITUTION

Options
I had a problem updating my Fidelity Net Benefits. Upon troubleshooting I deactivated downloading transactions. When I tried to reactivate it, I got an error message of "UNKNOWN INSTITUTION". I tried another institution and received the same message. I tried to create different types of accounts with different institutions, and received the same error message. The list of institutions always shows up, but accompanied by the error message. All other accounts update fine, but I have not touched them.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Francis E Lijoi

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here what exactly is going on. As you've already added the account but each time you try connecting it again. I wonder if we try adding it as a new account rather than reconnecting it we might be able to get it up and running. 

First you'll want to make sure the account is deactivated but I believe it still should be. Next in the top left of the program there should be a + sign on the blue bar that we'll go ahead and click then select the type of account we're working with. Once here search up Fidelity Netbenefits click on them and click option in the bottom left. You'll want to make sure that the connection type is selected on direct connect then continue. 

From here we'll want to sign in to see if we're able to get through. If we are  on the next screen it'll let us link the connections back to the existing accounts we have in Quicken. It should be in the column where they'll say new/ignore/(Account Name). You'll just want to make sure everything goes to the correct account and click next.

Ideally from here we should have the accounts back up and connected but if we're still having issues let me know and we'll see what we can find!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Francis E Lijoi

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here what exactly is going on. As you've already added the account but each time you try connecting it again. I wonder if we try adding it as a new account rather than reconnecting it we might be able to get it up and running. 

First you'll want to make sure the account is deactivated but I believe it still should be. Next in the top left of the program there should be a + sign on the blue bar that we'll go ahead and click then select the type of account we're working with. Once here search up Fidelity Netbenefits click on them and click option in the bottom left. You'll want to make sure that the connection type is selected on direct connect then continue. 

From here we'll want to sign in to see if we're able to get through. If we are  on the next screen it'll let us link the connections back to the existing accounts we have in Quicken. It should be in the column where they'll say new/ignore/(Account Name). You'll just want to make sure everything goes to the correct account and click next.

Ideally from here we should have the accounts back up and connected but if we're still having issues let me know and we'll see what we can find!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.