Quicken Windows has stopped working.

Options
Does anyone know how to solve this?

I subscribed, downloaded and ran Quicken well for 2 weeks, then suddenly started getting this error window every time I tried to run. Program opens, loads the data file, then crashes after a few seconds with error message "Quicken Windows has stopped working".

Thank you!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would try starting Quicken without opening the data file (Hold down the Control key while starting Quicken) and then validating the file.

If you can get your data file open, you can disable sync from Edit --> Preferences.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
  • KMDobson
    KMDobson Member
    Options
    Thank you Greg for the reply. Yes, the data file is located in an enterprise-hosted OneDrive folder. I don't know about Controlled Folder Access but it is a company workstation so there will be controls of some sort in place. I moved the data file and ran it from another folder on the local drive outside of OneDrive, but the same thing happened. It seemed to crash after a "Synching with Quicken Cloud" message popped up, then the same "Quicken Windows has Stopped Working" message again.

I'm perplexed why it started doing this after a few weeks of successful use. Appreciate any thoughts, thanks.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options
    Have you tried validating the data file? Have you tried restoring a backup? You could also try disabling the cloud sync.
  • KMDobson
    KMDobson Member
    Options
    I tried restoring a back up, same thing. I will try the other things. Thanks
  • KMDobson
    KMDobson Member
    Options
    how do I disable cloud sync? it crashes too quickly to navigate anywhere.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would try starting Quicken without opening the data file (Hold down the Control key while starting Quicken) and then validating the file.

If you can get your data file open, you can disable sync from Edit --> Preferences.

This discussion has been closed.