How do I re-classify an investment (e.g., Traditional IRA to Brokerage) after account creation?

For one T Rowe Price fund: When I set up one investment account as a "traditional IRA", once the update completes, the classification is changed to "brokerage" and going to "edit settings" pulls up a panel in which I am unable to open the dropdown list to alter the classification back to "Traditional IRA." I'm using the latest Quicken for Mac and Big Sur OS on a 2018 MacBook Pro. NOTE: This did not happen when I tried this on a MacBook Pro (2012) running Catalina.

Fix attempted (failed): I also attempted to manually create and classify and account as an IRA, and when the process finished, the account was properly classified, however, when I established a connection to T Rowe Price and the download was complete, the category had been changed to "brokerage" and I could not alter it. (On the T Rowe Price website the fund is properly classified as a Rollover IRA.)

I'd appreciate thoughts. Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• brown.113
    brown.113 Member ✭✭
    Since this is what I have done on setting up the account multiple times, I was skeptical that trying again would work, but did so anyway. THE ONE THING I DID DIFFERENTLY this time was to quit Quicken, saving the file and reopening before I tried to download for the first time. Disconnect --> Edit settings --> Save configuration --> close Quicken & re-open --> update downloads worked.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Interesting. Sure sounds like something is broken.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Brad L Vandermoon
    Brad L Vandermoon Member ✭✭✭
    is someone at quicken working on this problem? 
  • brown.113
    brown.113 Member ✭✭
    This question has been resolved. I submitted a note as a supplement to the first reply. Thanks for the follow-up.
This discussion has been closed.