Has Bank of America discontinued auto downloads?

I have two checking accounts and three credit card accounts, all under the same user id. Some time ago (months), auto download stopped working. BOA began requiring that users log into the site, indicate whether they wish to do a Quicken download and if so, do it within 10 minutes. If so, transactions can be downloaded manually, without incident. However, if the accounts are connected via Quicken, during auto update, Quicken attempts download enough times that BOA fraud routines are invoked, the password is revoked and the BOA password must be changed to enable access to the account again. )Know the password is good). Because of this BOA process, I have deleted connection via Quicken. Is anyone else similarly impacted? I have contacted BOA and their CSRs are unaware of any changes in BOA procedure although I have been using Quicken download for many years without incident.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't speak to checking/savings accounts, but for my BoA CC account, I have never gone to the site to authorize or download. The download works as normal from within Quicken.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I can't speak for QMac, as I have only ever used QWin. But I can share some info on the B of A procedure. B of A phone reps have no clue about this.
    2 days ago, I emailed B of A complaining about the repeated confirmation with the 10-minute timeout. I was getting that every single time I logged in to the web site. Yesterday, I had a 30 minute phone call with someone at B of A who actually understood Quicken and told me how to make that stop.
    I use Direct Connect with B of A. I don't know whether this process will work with Quicken Connect.
    • When prompted for confirmation with the 10-minute timeout, click OK.
    • Open Quicken and perform an update on your B of A accounts. If this fails, I can't help you and you'll need to contact the bank. If it succeeds, keep going.
    • Close Quicken.
    • Log out of the B of A site.
    • Log back in to the B of A site.
    • When you see the confirmation prompt, click Decline.
    • You will see a dire warning that you won't be able to download into Quicken if you decline. This is wrong; you have already set your accounts to the correct state.
    • Go ahead with the decline process.
    • Log out of the B of A site.
    • Log back in to the B of A site. Now the confirmation prompt should not appear and you should be able to download into Quicken without issue.
    I know it is scary to Decline the confirmation, but the B of A person assured me it would be fine. I did it while on the phone with her, and she was watching my activity from her end. It worked for me. Good luck.
    If you continue to have trouble, go to this B of A page and email the Chief Client Care Executive.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, thank you, thank you @Rocket J Squirrel! I've always wondered how to stop having to accept the repeated conformation.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • trex3610
    trex3610 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the info @Rocket J Squirrel .
This discussion has been closed.