How do license expiration times work?

pls
pls Member ✭✭✭
My current Quicken license expires in May 2021. If I take advantage of the current sales and buy a year license, does it
- extend my license time to May 2022, or
- extend my license time to November 2021?

Thanks

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is an extension, so May 2022.  But you can only extend the subscription during the last six (6) months of the current subscription.  If you buy from Quicken.com, the extension is applied at the time of purchase, but you have to be in the last six months as stated earlier to make the purchase.  If you are buying from a retail partner, you can hold the activation code until you are within the six month window.
    BTW, if you are looking at the 40% deals that Quicken.com is offering, they only apply to "new" users (or a subscription that is expired by 30 days or more), not some one with an existing, active subscription .  To take advantage of those deals, you would have to purchase under a different Quicken Id and the subscription would start at the time of the purchase, so that would not be a good deal for you.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• pls
    pls Member ✭✭✭
    I was looking at a different retailer. I ended up getting pretty much the Quicken price for a year with no stated restrictions.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @pls ,

Deluxe Edition and Higher, the license does not expire, never. What expires, is Membership!

The Subscription Model is Membership. Membership gives you the right to use Quicken to pay bills and download transactions to clear Manually entered transactions. When membership expires, Online Services stops and all transactions can be entered manually. You cannot import any transactions from a downloaded file from your Bank.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    pls said:
    I was looking at a different retailer. I ended up getting pretty much the Quicken price for a year with no stated restrictions.
    Please explain.  "No stated restrictions"?

• pls
    pls Member ✭✭✭
    Unlike on the Quicken web site, there was nothing that said it was restricted to new users.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    pls said:
    Unlike on the Quicken web site, there was nothing that said it was restricted to new users.
    That is just the "deal" that Quicken.com does, each retailer makes their own set of rules and conditions.  You will generally find that the retailers have better deals than Quicken.com, otherwise Quicken.com would be underselling their retail partners and give them no incentive to sell Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.