Back up file creation hangs but finally completes

larrybbaker
larrybbaker Member ✭✭
Latest version of Quicken and Mac OS Big Sur. Backup file creation beach balls for minutes but finally completes. This is new with the latest quicken version Version 6.0.1 (Build 600.37045.100) and macOS 11.1.

Have tried creating new backup folder in same directory, different directory and external drive with same results.

Anyone else?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @larrybbaker

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd that you're only experiencing it since this patch. Does it happen only when you make a manual backup or does it also happen when your program does an automatic update occasionally? I'm wondering as well if this also happens in a test file. 

To check with a test file navigate across the top to file > New > Start from scratch. From here you can select default categories and on the next screen you'll want to not sync to mobile and web. From there it'll bring you to the new file and ask you to add accounts but you can close out of the screen. From here try seeing if we also have issues with the test file backup. This will let us know if it's a file or program issue.

Once you've had a chance to try this out let us know some more details and we'll see what we can do!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @larrybbaker

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd that you're only experiencing it since this patch. Does it happen only when you make a manual backup or does it also happen when your program does an automatic update occasionally? I'm wondering as well if this also happens in a test file. 

To check with a test file navigate across the top to file > New > Start from scratch. From here you can select default categories and on the next screen you'll want to not sync to mobile and web. From there it'll bring you to the new file and ask you to add accounts but you can close out of the screen. From here try seeing if we also have issues with the test file backup. This will let us know if it's a file or program issue.

Once you've had a chance to try this out let us know some more details and we'll see what we can do!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• larrybbaker
    larrybbaker Member ✭✭
    I did not get to try your suggestion- but I did delete Quicken from my Mac and reinstalled it and currently not having any issues.
This discussion has been closed.